Tuesday, February 23, 2010

get'cha back up off the wall!

I'm spending my days combing craigslist and attempting to find gainful employment in Chicago...and just when my brain is about to explode, I take a little break and retreat to my inspiration folders while the invisible sanity bar at the bottom of my screen slowly recharges itself.

just wanted to share some rad, nontraditional ways to decorate a wall...the first one is my favorite-- I love how the posters are all different, but the colors and typefaces are very complimentary. I'm kindof a sucker for anything that looks slightly dilapidated and the torn-away aspect is what appealed to me initially. I'd love to try something similar with a stack of my pal Matt Maust's posters, as what he designs already looks perfectly dated and weathered.


this wall, which has been layered with scraps of wood, could be stunning in a high-ceilinged dining room with huge skylights. generally I'm very anti "accent walls", but if you kept all remaining surfaces white, this little instillation would have just the right effect.


with a pile of old yardsticks and a can of lacquer, you too could create a nifty backsplash (though I'd opt for some less noticable hardware to secure it, wouldn't you?)


and there's always the classic inspiration wall. my bedroom was a collage of my budding personality throughout highschool, and I've always kinda missed it. if I were to do anything like this today it'd be carefully curated and installed, but it'd still be so much fun to put together. making a giant collage is sortof like making a visual mixed tape...


No comments:

Post a Comment