Thursday, February 25, 2010

bedside beauty

as I've said before, this blog serves as many things-- one of them being a virtual bulletin board for all of the rad ideas that I come across while wading through the deep, deep ocean that is the internet. if I spot a great idea and don't post it, I'll totally forget about it.
take for example, this amazing IKEA-hacked bedside table that I found on my new favorite blog, Little Green Notebook...
first, pick up a pair of IKEA Rast dressers at just 40 bucks a pop...




then head to Home Depot to pick out an accent color. the final product in the photo below features a dreamy shade of barely-pink, but I think it'd be fun to play around with a light seafoam or even rich navy...



hunt around online to find new pulls for the drawers. LGN featured these beauties from Bellacor (for $3 each!) and Anthropologie is also a good source for pulls, as is eBay, of course.

put all that together and what do you get? oh, just a perfectly glam bedside dresser, that's all.

this is something I'll absolutely consider when I start decorating my new apartment this spring. thanks, Little Green Notebook (via Penny People Designs)!

No comments:

Post a Comment