Saturday, February 20, 2010

100 abandoned houses

last week I met with a potential client who's taste is very, very different from mine. near the end of our meeting at her recently-constructed suburban home, she excitedly asked me what I would do when I build a house...
it took me by surprise and I had to pause for a moment before I answered..."I can't imagine ever building a house," I said, and it's true! there are so many amazing old homes, apartments, warehouses, buildings, barns, cottages, and cabins, that I have absolutely no desire to add anything else to this world. I love old structures and I want to live in a place with character and history. I've always envisioned myself living in a fixer-upper, so that I can refinish floors, pick out marble countertops, find an old clawfoot, paint, wallpaper, and do whatever I want to make the space my own.






I don't think I'd be willing to make an investment in anything pictured above, but looking at these photos of abandoned houses made me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment