Friday, February 26, 2010

bedhead

"honey, I just need to go lay across the bed."

it's one of my favorite things that my mother says. she'll use this phrase when something is just too much to take, good or bad. I'll often hear it around holidays, when she's always going going going, or when someone does something exceptionally nice for her. I've found myself thinking about saying it a few times recently and it makes me giggle.

this verges on shabby chic so there are obviously things that I'd promptly do away with (the end tables, the puny lamps, and that horrid accent pillow), but this bed is beckoning me to come lay across it. I think it's mostly the bench/chandelier/brick wall (with that arch!)/white linens combo...or maybe it's that I've been feeling a little heavy.

I've been without a job for a while now and it's starting to make me nervous. I'm up every morning with hopes that my inbox will be filled with offers and responses, but lately it's just Daily Candy and some personal correspondence.

I'm sharing this with you because I'm trying to figure out how I feel about this situation. I've never really been "unemployed". I've always had some sort of job, something to do, something that brings in an income. being in a brand new city makes networking a bit harder, and while I'd move all over again in a heartbeat, it's tough not being able to turn to my familiar web of people in the know. I'm feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and a little lost. this blog is one of the things that grounds me, and I'm very thankful for the platform.

but you guys know that I'm a positive person and I know that things are going to work out eventually. this move happened for a reason and my life is like a secret plan that unfolds a little more every day...

now if you'll excuse me, I need to go lay across the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment