Thursday, March 4, 2010

okay, Ikea

oh, did I forget to tell you that last week I visited the largest Ikea in the US? well, I did. and I survived to tell the tale.

it was actually totally manageable, but the fact that we showed up at 10:30am on a Thursday probably had something to do with it...I emerged without buying anything (it was more of a trip for my boyfriend's apartment), but I now have a tidy little list for our next mid-week trip. I want to get more plates and bowls (plain white everything) so that I can host bigger dinner parties, more glasses (these make awesome shot glasses and are perfect for sake), some of these rad tumblers for all the cold-weather beverages I plan on drinking, cheap plants (which they sell many varieties of for like $1.75 in the store), those 50 cent kitchen dishtowels with the red stripe, and surprisingly....bath towels?

normally I'm kind of a snob when it comes to towels...the cheap ones never really absorb water properly and they always get snags. to me, its worth it to spend the money on Ralph Lauren or something equally as middle/high end, because it's gonna last longer. but the Baven series was actually really nice! I almost bought one to try at home, cause that's when you really know if it's worth it, but I'll do it next time. I furthered my surprise by really liking the Baven bathmats (don't care for bathmats in general) and-- here comes the shock of the century-- I'm considering getting one in green. the vibrant colors are pleasantly rich and I'm tempted to stray from my white-towels-only rule and go wild with a kelly bathmat.

what can I say, Ikea makes people do crazy things.

oh, I also liked this new wool blanket, but I can't find it on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment