Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Friday, Im in love

...with my apartment! I promised a lil' sneak peek of my living room, so here it is!


the rugs that I won on eBay showed up early in the week...this is the largest one and it's pretty much the perfect size for the space. I desperately need a rug pad, as that thing slips and skates all over the place (especially with a rambunctious dog chasing my feet everywhere). do you guys know of a cheap source for rug pads?

the Eames chair was my grandfathers and is in need of some serious restoration. but until I have the time and patience, a sheepskin in the seat will do just fine. the credenza on which the TV sits is actually two drawer units that also belonged to Boompa-- I pushed them together and you know, they don't look too bad like that!

the antique Chinese hats on the wall were a gift from my mother, purchased at an estate sale in Kentucky...I think she may have gotten the green ceramic chain-link lamp at the same sale-- I can't keep track, she estate-sales about as much as I craigslist!

ahhh, and the new sofa...

not the best shot, but such a great piece. also, I swear I didn't pose Bunny there, she just does that.

so, yeah...I love my apartment. I spent some time putting things together the other night and I fiiiiiinally feel at home. it's crazy how screwy your whole life can feel when your home is chaotic. I literally made myself sick because I was stressed and felt unsettled, but after spending a few hours with a hammer & nail I am starting to feel great about everything. I still have a LOT of work to do, but I promise to share my progress!

hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment